Frequently Asked Questions for Sellers
How do I place an ad?
It's very easy to place an ad: click on the button "Post free Ads" above right.
What does it cost to advertise? How many ads can I post in a month?
The publication is 100% free throughout the website.
Please note that every category has a certain limit on where-in you can post the Ad for free. Which is upto 3 Ads in 30 days you can post for free.
If I post an listing, will I also get more spam e-mails?
Absolutely not because your email address is not visible on the website.
How long will my listing remain on the website?
In general, an listing is automatically deactivated from the website after 3 months. You will receive an email a week before D-Day and another on the day of deactivation. You have the ability to put them online in the following month by logging into your account on the site. After this delay, your listing will be automatically removed permanently from the website.
I sold my item. How do I delete my ad?
Once your product is sold or leased, log in to your account to remove your listing.
Featured service and Free limit
Please note that these are 2 different services !
- Featured Ad is a service for promoting your Ad, where-as Free limit is for posting an Ad.
- Purchasing a featured Ad(or package) doesn't automatically qualify you for a free limit.
- You need to check if you have a free limit available for posting your Ad and then accordingly apply featured service to it.
- It will get 24 hours to update views on the featured ad.
- Once the featured service will get applied, we won't be able to refund or reactivate it.
- Featured ad will be prominent in the designated area(with a bright yellow border), however, it the visibility also depends on demand for the product, (e.x. the users are interested in the product or not.)
- Similarly Free Limit is only for posting an Ad, it doesn't give benefit of other services like Featured Ad or Boost to Top.
Where can I see the Ads that I posted?
It’s easy to go to the Ads you have posted. Please follow the steps as stated below:
Firstly, ensure you are logged in the app with the user details you used while posting the Ads. If unsure, then log out and log in again.
Go to My account and you will see the ad list in My Listing seciton.
How to edit/delete an ad?
If you wish to modify or delete an existing Ad, you can do so by following the below steps: -
1. After you have logged in to Adolaa account, Go to My Listings
2. You will see the "Edit" option right side of the Ad listing.
How do I get maximum replies?
To get good responses for your Ad, please ensure the below: -
- A comprehensive description: Mention the relevant Ad details such as title/description and ensure to provide complete information such as item specification, size, shape, colour, design, etc.
- Clear resolution photograph(s): Always upload a clear image showing the item properly. Please ensure that the image is original and reflects the item as described. Do not include any stock or human image.
- Competitive pricing: Please ensure to keep realistic pricing for your Ad. It should reflect the market value of the item and correspond to actual item condition.
- Appropriate category: Ensure to post the Ad in relevant category. E.g. post mobile phone in mobiles and not electronics.
- Premium Services: You have the option to opt for paid services such as featured Ad or boost to top. They give more visibility to your Ad & help receive much more responses.
How do I know if people are seeing my ads?
On an Ad page, you can see an “eye shaped” icon mentioning the number of views next to it. This shows that your Ad has been seen by as many people visiting Adolaa.
How can I increase the limit of ads that can be posted?
If you are a business user, you can save more & sell faster by availing an Adolaa Business Ad Package!
If you have reached your free limits, you’ll be prompted with a message stating the limits for your Ad.
Note: The validity of any package purchased is duration specific E.g.: If a package is purchased on 1st August 10 AM can only be utilized by 31st August 10 AM and won't be valid beyond this time.
Additionally, an ad has a validity of 30 days on the site.
Why isn't my ad live?
Ad not live on Adolaa? This could be due to few reasons as mentioned below:
1. The Ad was rejected: If the Ad doesn’t meet our posting guidelines, it will be not go live on our site. To know more details, click here.
2. Additionally, you’ll be communicated of the specific error in your Ad, so that you can edit and re-post the Ad as per the instructions. You’ll also receive a notification for the same, as indicated below.
3. Ad not processed / pending: Before going live on the platform, every Ad goes through a quality check. This is done to ensure that only genuine Ads are live on the platform and to keep spammers at bay.
4. Not appearing in search results: You might not be searching the Ad correctly. Use the below tips to find your Ad: -
- Choose the correct sub-category and category
- Select the exact location i.e. city, state
- You can also filter your search by price & brand
- Double check your spelling: Remember to add specific words or the exact title of your ad.
Why did my Ad get rejected?
Visit this page for more details.
Why is my account banned?
If you find that you are receiving a notification that your account is banned, this means that you've either breached one of our Posting rules, have been reported by another Adolaa user for scenarios such as:
- Money taken however item/service not rendered to buyer
- Product taken without sending the amount to seller.
- or there is a non-compliant activity as per our Trust and Safety rules relating to your account.
- Please ensure that you honor your agreed commitment with other Adolaa users as mutually decided with each other.
Business Users in case of Account banned are requested to contact their designated Account Manager.
Note: Users should only log in to one account on one device. Trying to logging with multiple phone numbers on one device is not permitted and may lead to Accounts getting banned.